Friday, August 3, 2012

Having a problem using my portable hard drive?

Having a problem using my portable hard drive?

Its a new hard drive, about 1 week old and has been working fine until now. I connect it through the USB and my computer seems to recognize it. I see it in my Device Manager and under Disk Management also. However, When I first got the drive I Re-named it to "Rons2" but It's calling itself Local Disk now. Im assuming there is some problem with the computer reading off of the drive. Any ideas for help? I can give anyone more details about this if they wish to know.

P.S. I have already moved quite a bit of files onto the drive so I REALLY don't want to re-format it. I know that if I want my files back I might have to take it back to a data recovery group but that will cost alot of cash and there might be another way to fix this.

Please anyone help me I would really like to get those files out.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Its normal , once remove restart system there will not show local,
actually what happened Operating system check its size and file system if it found more GBs it assue as Local Hard Disk and gives a letter Like D, C ,F drive
Nothig to worry

No comments: